Breakfast or brunch bun with the added crunch of toasted almonds.
Original recipe makes 12 buns
1/4 cup margarine, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons milk
3/8 teaspoon almond extract
2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (195 degrees C).
- Combine softened butter or margarine, brown sugar, flour, 1 tablespoon milk, and 1/8 teaspoon almond extract. Mix well. Spoon mixture into 12 ungreased muffin cups.
- Separate dough into 4 long rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Combine melted butter and 1/8 teaspoon almond extract; brush on dough. Sprinkle with nuts, and roll dough up jellyroll fashion. Cut each roll of dough into 3 slices. Place in muffin cups.
- Place muffin pan on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. When done, invert rolls immediately onto cooling rack.
- Combine confectioners’ sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, and 1/8 teaspoon almond extract. Drizzle over hot rolls.
Calories: 272 kcal
Carbohydrates: 29.7 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Fat: 15.3 g
Fiber: 0.4 g
Protein: 3.5 g
Sodium: 362 mg