You’ll know it’s a special occasion when you get to enjoy a serving of these delicious bars.
Original recipe makes 16 servings
1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup butter, softened
3 1/4 cups flour, divided
10 Granny Smith apples, peeled, sliced
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon water
1 hr 30 mins
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Gradually add 3 cups flour, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Shape into 2 balls. Place 1 ball on large lightly floured sheet of waxed paper; flatten slightly. Cover with second floured sheet of waxed paper. Roll out dough to 15-1/2×10-1/2-inch rectangle. Discard top sheet of waxed paper.
- Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray; invert over rolled-out dough. Flip dough and pan together. (Pan will be on bottom.) Remove second waxed paper sheet; gently press dough onto bottom and up side of pan. Toss apples with remaining flour, granulated sugar and cinnamon; spread onto bottom of crust.
- Repeat rolling out of remaining dough ball to make second rectangle. Remove top sheet of waxed paper; carefully flip dough over apples. Discard waxed paper. Tuck edges of dough down sides of pan to enclose apples. Make several slits in top crust to vent.
- Bake 35 to 40 min. or until golden brown.
- Cool dessert 15 min. Meanwhile, mix powdered sugar and water. Drizzle glaze over dessert. Cool 30 min. before cutting into bars.
Calories: 355 kcal
Carbohydrates: 52.3 g
Cholesterol: 46 mg
Fat: 15.8 g
Fiber: 2.4 g
Protein: 3.9 g
Sodium: 140 mg