Delicious bacon wrapped water chestnuts.
Original recipe makes 8 to 10 servings
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 cups ketchup
1 pound bacon
2 (8 ounce) cans water chestnuts
1 hr 15 mins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup.
- Cut bacon in half. Wrap one slice of bacon around each chestnut. Secure the bacon with a toothpick. Arrange the water chestnut wraps in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake the water chestnut wraps for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from water chestnut wraps from the oven and drain some of the grease out of the pan. Pour the sauce over the wraps.
- Bake for 30 to 35 more minutes.
Calories: 403 kcal
Carbohydrates: 44.6 g
Cholesterol: 34 mg
Fat: 22.9 g
Fiber: 1.4 g
Protein: 7.2 g
Sodium: 1062 mg