Jalapenos are stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped with bacon, baked, and then finished on the grill.
Original recipe makes 24 pieces
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
12 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
6 slices bacon, cut into halves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Spread cream cheese into jalapeno pepper halves; wrap each with a piece of bacon. Secure the bacon with toothpicks to prevent unraveling while baking. Arrange wrapped jalapeno peppers onto a baking sheet with cream cheese side facing down.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, turn, and continue cooking until the bacon is completely browned, about 10 minutes more.
- Transfer jalapeno wraps to preheated grill; cook until the bacon is crisp, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Calories: 94 kcal
Carbohydrates: 1.4 g
Cholesterol: 26 mg
Fat: 8.5 g
Fiber: 0.4 g
Protein: 3.3 g
Sodium: 161 mg