These bars are very rich and sweet. They make a wonderful treat.
Original recipe makes 16 -20 bars
2/3 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups quick cooking oats
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups butterscotch chips
2/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 cup chopped, unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease one 9 inch baking pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup together. Stir in 1/4 cup of the peanut butter and the vanilla. Mix well and stir in the oats. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes.
- To Make Topping: In the top half of a double boiler melt the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together. Stir in 2/3 cup of the peanut butter and the chopped nuts. Stir until well blended.
- Spread the topping over the still warm cooked bars. Sprinkle with additional chopped nuts, if desired. Let bars cool on a rack then refrigerate. Cut into bars once chilled.
Calories: 464 kcal
Carbohydrates: 50.9 g
Cholesterol: 16 mg
Fat: 26.4 g
Fiber: 4.4 g
Protein: 8 g
Sodium: 126 mg