Brown butter adds extra deliciousness to these oatmeal chocolate cookies. Honestly, they are the best cookies I’ve eaten (store-bought or homemade)! Prepare the brown butter in advance because it will have to cool completely.
Original recipe makes 42 cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; cook, swirling the pan frequently, until the butter is browned, about 5 minutes. Pour browned butter into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (168 degrees C).
- Beat browned butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together in a large bowl until smooth and creamy. Beat one egg into the butter mixture until smooth; add second egg and vanilla extract and beat again until smooth and uniform in color.
- Mix oats, flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl; add to the browned butter mixture and stir to get a cookie dough. Stir chocolate chips into the dough. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonful onto baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven until edges and bottoms are golden brown, about 12 minutes. Cool on sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to wire cooling racks to cool completely.
Calories: 132 kcal
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Cholesterol: 22 mg
Fat: 6.2 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 1.8 g
Sodium: 94 mg