This is a great recipe that gets compliments when ever I make it. It is very rich, and worth the time and calories.
Original recipe makes 1 – 9 inch springform pan
1 (9 ounce) package brownie mix
1 tablespoon cold water
1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate fudge topping
4 hrs 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together brownie mix, 1 egg and water. Spread into the greased pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Melt the caramels with the evaporated milk over low heat in a heavy saucepan. Stir often, and heat until mixture has a smooth consistency. Reserve 1/3 cup of this caramel mixture, and pour the remainder over the warm, baked brownie crust.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour cream cheese mixture over caramel mixture.
- Bake cheesecake for 40 minutes. Chill in pan. When cake is thoroughly chilled, loosen by running a knife around the edge, and then remove the rim of the pan. Heat reserved caramel mixture, and spoon over cheesecake. Drizzle with the chocolate topping.
Calories: 512 kcal
Carbohydrates: 68.9 g
Cholesterol: 100 mg
Fat: 24.1 g
Fiber: 1.4 g
Protein: 8.2 g
Sodium: 355 mg