This is a real rich pound cake which is tasty alone or with ice cream or a fruit topping such as peaches.
Original recipe makes 1 9- or 10-inch tube pan
1 cup butter
3 cups white sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons lemon extract
1 hr 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 or 10 inch tube pan.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and mix well.
- Introduce the flour, one cup at a time while adding cream a little at a time until all flour and cream is mixed in well.
- Add the vanilla and lemon flavoring and blend well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1-1/2 hours or until center springs back from small amount of pressure. Immediately turn out on cake rack to cool.
Calories: 532 kcal
Carbohydrates: 64.5 g
Cholesterol: 172 mg
Fat: 28.1 g
Fiber: 0.7 g
Protein: 6.3 g
Sodium: 137 mg