These are a crowd pleaser. They have a flaky crust wih a creamy caramel filling.
Original recipe makes 48 tassies
6 ounces cream cheese
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup butter
1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup shortening
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine the cream cheese, butter or margarine and flour. Mix to form a dough. Pinch off 48 equal pieces and press into mini tassie pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool slightly. Be careful taking out of pans, they break easily.
- In the microwave on medium high heat. Melt the caramels and 1/2 cup evaporated milk. Stir until creamy. Pour into melted caramel into shells and top with frosting.
- To Make Frosting: Beat the sugar, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, shortening and vanilla until light and creamy.
Calories: 148 kcal
Carbohydrates: 12.9 g
Cholesterol: 16 mg
Fat: 10.4 g
Fiber: 0.1 g
Protein: 1.5 g
Sodium: 62 mg