This is a simple recipe but it makes a rich chocolate cake thanks to the addition of grated chocolate and sour cream.
Original recipe makes 1 -9×13 inch cake
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup grated semisweet chocolate
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon water
2 cups cake flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Grate the chocolate. In a small saucepan, boil the milk and chocolate until mixture forms a custard.
- Cream the butter or margarine and sugar. Add eggs and sour cream to the creamed mixture.
- Dissolve the baking soda in water, and add to the creamed mixture. Add the flour, and mix thoroughly. Add the chocolate mixture and beat well. Pour into a greased and floured 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes to one hour.
Calories: 167 kcal
Carbohydrates: 24.4 g
Cholesterol: 31 mg
Fat: 7.1 g
Fiber: 0.5 g
Protein: 2.2 g
Sodium: 92 mg