My girlfriends at work just loved them and wanted the recipe for them. I had to make 10 copies!
Original recipe makes 30 cookies
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 cup white sugar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Using an electric mixer, beat 6 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup sugar in a large bowl until creamy. Add the egg; beat until smooth. Beat in corn syrup. Whisk together the flour and cocoa in a small bowl. Beat half of the flour mixture into the butter mixture until well incorporated. Beat in the remaining flour. Divide dough in half.
- On a lightly floured board, roll each half of the dough into a rectangle. Cut each large rectangle into 1×3 inch rectangles. Place cookies on prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake until firm, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cookies stand on baking sheets for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- While the cookies are baking, make the filling. Heat chocolate chips in a small saucepan on lowest heat. Stir until chocolate is almost completely melted. Remove from heat; stir until smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature. Beat 1 cup confectioners’ sugar and 1/2 cup butter in a large bowl until smooth. Scrape the melted chocolate into the bowl; beat well.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon filling on the bottom of 30 cooled cookies; top with remaining cookies. Sprinkle filled cookies with confectioners’ sugar.
Calories: 114 kcal
Carbohydrates: 14.3 g
Cholesterol: 21 mg
Fat: 6.3 g
Fiber: 0.5 g
Protein: 1.1 g
Sodium: 42 mg