These cookies are attractive as they are delicious!
Original recipe makes 25 servings, 2 cookies (40 g) each
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 cups icing sugar, divided
3/4 cup butter
6 ounces BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/2 (250 g) package PHILADELPHIA Brick Cream Cheese
1/4 cup light corn syrup
2 tablespoons water
2/3 cup multi-colored nonpareils (orange, red and yellow)
1 hr 27 mins
- Mix flour, baking soda and 1-1/2 cups sugar until blended. Microwave butter and 3 oz. chocolate in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted; stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Add cream cheese; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture until blended. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining chocolate as directed on package. Beat corn syrup, water and remaining sugar in medium bowl until blended. Add chocolate; mix well. Spoon into resealable plastic bag; seal bag.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Use 3-inch cookie cutter to cut dough into leaf shapes, re-rolling scraps as necessary. Place, 2 inches apart, on parchment-covered baking sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet 3 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Cut small piece off one bottom corner of icing bag; use to pipe icing onto cookies, then gently shake cookies to form even layer of icing. Sprinkle with nonpareils. Let stand until firm.
Calories: 223 kcal
Carbohydrates: 30.9 g
Cholesterol: 20 mg
Fat: 10.7 g
Fiber: 0.8 g
Protein: 2.1 g
Sodium: 84 mg