These tasty kid-pleasing bars are made with wholesome oats, butter and brown sugar.
Original recipe makes 16 bars
1 cup MUSSELMAN’S® Apple Butter
1 cup flour
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8×8-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray. Line with heavy-duty foil, leaving an overhang on two sides to facilitate removal of bars from pan. Coat foil with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, oatmeal, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in butter with a fork until well mixed and clumps form, and then spread half the oatmeal mixture over foiled pan bottom, pressing to form a thin crust.
- Spread apple butter over crust and then sprinkle remaining oatmeal mixture on top.
- Bake until crisp and golden brown, 30-40 min.
- Cool to room temperature. Use foil handles to remove bars from pan. Cut into squares and serve.
Calories: 168 kcal
Carbohydrates: 27.6 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Fat: 6.2 g
Fiber: 0.7 g
Protein: 1.5 g
Sodium: 81 mg