Quick and easy cake topped with cinnamon sugar. Quite good for breakfast.
Original recipe makes 1 – 6 inch round cake
8 tablespoons butter
1 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup milk
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 6 inch round cake pan.
- Melt 7 tablespoons of the butter. In a medium sized bowl mix together the melted butter, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, and the self rising flour to form a soft dough. Add the milk and mix again till smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove cake from oven and set aside. Once cake is cool enough to handle remove from its pan and place on a serving dish.
- In a saucepan melt 1 tablespoon butter and mix with 1 tablespoon white sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Spread over top of cake.
- In a small bowl stir together the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Sprinkle over cake.
Calories: 244 kcal
Carbohydrates: 33.5 g
Cholesterol: 31 mg
Fat: 11.9 g
Fiber: 1.2 g
Protein: 2.1 g
Sodium: 285 mg