Simple and tasteful is always a classic.
Original recipe makes 3 to 4 dozen
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Cream the butter until light. Gradually add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and almond extract.
- Gradually blend in the flour. Cover and chill dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes, using lightly floured cookie cutters. Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate as desired.
Calories: 67 kcal
Carbohydrates: 7.1 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Fat: 4 g
Fiber: 0.2 g
Protein: 0.8 g
Sodium: 29 mg