These meatballs will delight the whole family. My kids ask for them again and again.
Original recipe makes 4 servings
1 pound ground beef
1 cup rolled oats
2 tablespoons dried minced onion flakes
9 drops hot pepper sauce
seasoning salt to taste
3/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vinegar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons dried minced onion flakes
1 teaspoon mustard powder
4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
6 drops hot pepper sauce
1 hr 45 mins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, eggs, rolled oats, minced onion flakes, hot pepper sauce and seasoning salt. Mix well and form into 1 inch meatballs. Place into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate medium bowl, combine the ketchup, water, vinegar, brown sugar, minced onion flakes, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. Mix together well and set aside.
- Remove meatballs from oven and pour reserved sauce over them. Cover with foil and return to oven.
- Bake, covered, in a preheated oven for 1 hour.
Calories: 600 kcal
Carbohydrates: 47.2 g
Cholesterol: 202 mg
Fat: 34.4 g
Fiber: 2.5 g
Protein: 26 g
Sodium: 765 mg