This is delicious and easy and everyone loves it. You can make it ahead and freeze it, but let it partially thaw before serving. It’s best when it’s ‘crispy’ frozen.
Original recipe makes 12 servings
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 1/2 cups cold milk
2 (3.9 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/4 cup milk chocolate flavored topping
1/4 cup caramel topping
1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt butter in water until bubbly. Dump in flour all at once and stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth and glossy. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 to 35 minutes, until puffy and golden. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- While puff is cooling, beat together cream cheese, milk and pudding mix. Spread over cooled puff. Chill 20 minutes.
- Spread whipped topping over chilled filling and drizzle with chocolate and caramel sauces. Sprinkle with almonds. Freeze 1 hour before serving.
Calories: 355 kcal
Carbohydrates: 29.2 g
Cholesterol: 118 mg
Fat: 22.3 g
Fiber: 0.9 g
Protein: 8.7 g
Sodium: 243 mg