Delicious soft & chewy date drop cookies with walnuts. Easy to make and quick to eat!
Original recipe makes 3 dozen
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
5 tablespoons milk
2 cups dates, pitted and chopped
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Combine margarine or butter, salt, and vanilla; blend well. Add sugar and cream well. Beat eggs and blend into mixture.
- Sift flour with soda and add to the creamed mixture, alternately with the milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir in dates and nuts.
- Drop from teaspoon and flatten with glass covered with damp cloth. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool and enjoy.
Calories: 332 kcal
Carbohydrates: 48.4 g
Cholesterol: 51 mg
Fat: 14.3 g
Fiber: 2.3 g
Protein: 4.6 g
Sodium: 265 mg