A rich, moist chocolate bread pudding flavored with cinnamon chips, and drizzled with a cinnamon glaze.
Original recipe makes 8 servings
6 cups cubed French bread, crusts removed
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup HERSHEY®’S Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup HERSHEY®’S Cinnamon Chips
1 3/4 cups whole milk
1 cup cream
50 HERSHEY®’S KISSES® Milk Chocolates
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup HERSHEY®’S Cinnamon Chips
1/2 cup cream
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 hrs 15 mins
- Place the bread cubes in a large bowl, and drizzle with melted butter. Toss to coat. Mix together the sugar and HERSHEY’S Cocoa Powder, sprinkle evenly over the bread cubes, and toss again. Mix in 1/2 cup HERSHEY’S Cinnamon Chips. Butter an 8 inch square glass baking dish, and spread bread cubes evenly into the baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk and 1 cup cream just to the boiling point; do not boil. Remove from heat, add HERSHEY’S KISSES, and whisk until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Slowly whisk in chocolate mixture. Pour over bread cubes in baking dish. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake pudding until just set , but center moves slightly when dish is shaken, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze. Place HERSHEY’S Cinnamon Chips and 1/2 cup cream in a microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave, stirring frequently, until the chips are melted. Whisk in the confectioners’ sugar until the mixture is smooth. Drizzle over warm pudding, and serve.
Calories: 1065 kcal
Carbohydrates: 138.5 g
Cholesterol: 143 mg
Fat: 49.8 g
Fiber: 3.9 g
Protein: 20.3 g
Sodium: 736 mg