These top-rated bars are reminiscent of rocky road candy.
Original recipe makes 2 1/2 dozen
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a small mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar; beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir flour mixture into the creamed egg mixture. Spread batter into the greased 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over top of the baked bars; bake 3 minutes more. Cool.
- Place chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave on high until melted together. Cook one minute at a time, stirring after each minute.
- Stir cereal into the chocolate mixture. Spread the chocolate mixture over the cooled bars. Chill, cut into bars and refrigerate.
Calories: 396 kcal
Carbohydrates: 42.2 g
Cholesterol: 56 mg
Fat: 23.6 g
Fiber: 2.8 g
Protein: 8.9 g
Sodium: 257 mg