This cake is very rich. It’s one of our favorites.
Original recipe makes 1 – 9×13 inch pan
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease the bottom and sides of one 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Layer coconut and pecans in the bottom of pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions and pour over pecans and coconut.
- Combine cream cheese, butter or margarine, vanilla and confectioners sugar and beat until smooth. Pour over cake mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Toothpick will not come out clean.
Calories: 274 kcal
Carbohydrates: 39.8 g
Cholesterol: 20 mg
Fat: 12.5 g
Fiber: 0.7 g
Protein: 2.2 g
Sodium: 222 mg