I got this recipe from my mother-in-law years ago, and it has always been a family favorite. It is real good for potlucks as it is served right out of the pan.
Original recipe makes 1 – 9×13 inch cake
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (3 ounce) package lemon flavored Jell-O®
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine gelatin mix and cake mix. Mix well.
- Add next 4 ingredients – oil, eggs, water and lemon extract. Mix lightly.
- Bake according to instructions on back of cake box.
- To Make Frosting: Combine confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice.
- When cake is done, and while still hot, ice with frosting.
Calories: 199 kcal
Carbohydrates: 25.1 g
Cholesterol: 36 mg
Fat: 10.2 g
Fiber: 0.2 g
Protein: 2.3 g
Sodium: 172 mg