Excellent drop biscuits made with lots of real butter, garlic, and herbs!
Original recipe makes 12 biscuits
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1 cup cold whole milk
2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Sift flour, baking powder, white sugar, cream of tartar, 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Mash unsalted butter cubes into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter or large fork until coarsely blended. Mix Cheddar cheese and Italian seasoning into the flour mixture.
- Pour milk over the flour mixture while stirring until you get a tough and sticky dough. Drop dough by the tablespoon onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Stir melted salted butter, parsley flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder together in a bowl; brush over biscuits immediately upon removing from the oven.
Calories: 215 kcal
Carbohydrates: 18.2 g
Cholesterol: 37 mg
Fat: 13.6 g
Fiber: 0.6 g
Protein: 5.3 g
Sodium: 214 mg