My granny always made these around Christmas. They are the easiest, best tasting cookies around. Be warned, they are addictive.
Original recipe makes 4 dozen
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup butter, softened
12 ounces any flavor fruit jam
- Mix cream cheese and butter well in large bowl until well blended and creamy.
- Add in flour slowly, beating well after each addition. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and wrap well in cellophane. Store in fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Roll out dough balls flat and place a 1/2 teaspoon full of the jam in the center. Fold sides over and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until brown and the jam starts to bubble hard. Cool for 3 minutes and place on cooling rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Calories: 196 kcal
Carbohydrates: 21.8 g
Cholesterol: 31 mg
Fat: 11.1 g
Fiber: 0.6 g
Protein: 2.5 g
Sodium: 87 mg