A delicious warm appetizer to put out that soon everyone will gobble up. Quick and easy to make with few ingredients. Puts a whole new meaning to ham and cheese!
Original recipe makes 6 servings
1 (16 ounce) loaf round bread
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1 loaf Italian bread, sliced into bite-size cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut a 1-inch thick slice from the top of round bread loaf; hollow out the loaf to use as a bread bowl. Slice the cut-off top of the loaf into cubes for dipping.
- Combine cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, ham, green onion, and chives in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave on high power for about 15 seconds to warm ingredients for easier stirring.
- Spoon cheese mixture into prepared bread bowl; place on a baking sheet.
- Bake filled bread bowl in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until bread bowl is toasted and dip is bubbling, about 30 minutes. Serve with Italian bread cubes for dipping.
Calories: 873 kcal
Carbohydrates: 95.5 g
Cholesterol: 99 mg
Fat: 38.2 g
Fiber: 5.1 g
Protein: 34.9 g
Sodium: 1871 mg