Minimal and inexpensive ingredients, minimal preparation time, easy, and tastes divine…it has to be heaven! Delicious moist lemon cake, perfect served hot with cream for dessert, or cold with coffee!
Original recipe makes 12 servings
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 lemons lemon, zested
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup white sugar
3 lemons, juiced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a round cake pan with parchment paper.
- Beat 1 1/4 cup sugar and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth; beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well before adding the next egg. Stir flour, lemon zest, and baking powder into creamed butter mixture until batter is smooth; pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Poke holes into the top of the warm cake and pour syrup over cake. Cool slightly before cutting.
Calories: 343 kcal
Carbohydrates: 45.5 g
Cholesterol: 94 mg
Fat: 16.8 g
Fiber: 0.7 g
Protein: 3.9 g
Sodium: 168 mg