This yummy, chocolatey, peanut buttery, frozen layered ice cream treat is sure to be a hit with all! This is an often requested dessert in my house. Warning: It’s VERY addictive!
Original recipe makes 12 servings
24 frozen ice cream sandwiches, divided
1 (16 ounce) jar crunchy peanut butter, divided
1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
16 peanut butter cups, chopped, divided
1 (12 ounce) jar hot fudge ice cream topping, divided
1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping, divided
1 hr 20 mins
- Line the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan with 12 ice cream sandwiches.
- Open the jar of peanut butter, place into microwave oven, and microwave on low power for about 30 seconds at a time, until the peanut butter is warm and spreads easily. Spread half the peanut butter over the layer of ice cream sandwiches.
- Mix the instant chocolate pudding mix into the whipped topping; spread half the mixture over the peanut butter layer.
- Spread half the peanut butter cups over the whipped topping layer.
- Remove tops of the hot fudge and caramel topping jars, and microwave on low power for about 10 seconds at a time just until the toppings are warmed and liquid. Drizzle half of the fudge and caramel sauces over the peanut butter cups.
- Repeat the layers, starting with the remaining ice cream sandwiches, followed by remaining peanut butter, whipped topping mix, peanut butter cups, hot fudge sauce, and caramel sauce.
- Freeze the dessert until solidly frozen, 1 to 2 hours.
Calories: 977 kcal
Carbohydrates: 116.8 g
Cholesterol: 41 mg
Fat: 52.3 g
Fiber: 6.6 g
Protein: 19.7 g
Sodium: 658 mg