A twist on a white chocolate toffee cookie recipe: added cinnamon to the dough, and replaced the white chocolate chips and toffee with cinnamon chips and imperial Red Hots®. These are a hit with family and friends!
Original recipe makes 36 cookies
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups cinnamon chips
1 1/2 cups cinnamon candies (such as Red Hots®)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in the egg until completely incorporated.
- Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture until combined. Fold in cinnamon chips and cinnamon candies, mixing just enough to evenly combine.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 8 to 11 minutes. Cool on the pans for 2 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Calories: 174 kcal
Carbohydrates: 26.4 g
Cholesterol: 16 mg
Fat: 7 g
Fiber: 0.4 g
Protein: 1.6 g
Sodium: 117 mg