Hot, succulent Jamaican Jerk Chicken is a tropical treat. You’ll love the heat and flavor of this fiery marinade.
Original recipe makes 6 servings
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into chunks
4 limes, juiced
1 cup water
2 teaspoons ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 onions, chopped
1 1/2 cups chopped green onions
6 cloves garlic, chopped
2 habanero peppers, chopped
3 hrs 20 mins
- Place chicken in a medium bowl. Cover with lime juice and water. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, place allspice, nutmeg, salt, brown sugar, thyme, ginger, black pepper and vegetable oil. Blend well, then mix in onions, green onions, garlic and habanero peppers until almost smooth.
- Pour most of the blended marinade mixture into bowl with chicken, reserving a small amount to use as a basting sauce while cooking. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- Brush grill grate with oil. Cook chicken slowly on the preheated grill. Turn frequently, basting often with remaining marinade mixture. Cook to desired doneness.
Calories: 221 kcal
Carbohydrates: 13.3 g
Cholesterol: 68 mg
Fat: 6.4 g
Fiber: 3.2 g
Protein: 28.8 g
Sodium: 474 mg