This recipe is a pretty to look at chocolate cupcake. They take a little bit of extra work, but it’s worth it! I make cupcakes for my fiance and his fellow firefighters every time he works a shift, and these are the ones that disappear the quickest!
Original recipe makes 2 1/2-3 dozen cupcakes
1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
3 cups heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven according to box directions for cupcakes. Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners. (Be sure to use liners, and not just the pan.)
- Mix cake according to package directions. Fill cupcake liners slightly less than half full. (You want the cupcake to bake up close to level with the top of the liner.
- Bake according to package directions. Cool completely.
- In chilled medium bowl combine whipping cream and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- After cupcakes are cooled completely, frost with a level layer of whipped cream frosting.
- Spoon remaining frosting into pastry bag fitted with a star decorating tip. Pipe around the edges of the cupcakes.
- Spoon a small amount of cherry pie filling in the center of each. Refrigerate and enjoy!
Calories: 153 kcal
Carbohydrates: 16.8 g
Cholesterol: 27 mg
Fat: 9.6 g
Fiber: 0.4 g
Protein: 1.3 g
Sodium: 129 mg