I noticed there wasn’t a recipe like this on the site, so I decided to upload one! A French vanilla-flavored cake, filled with strawberry jam and dusted with sugar. Friends and family will gobble them up!
Original recipe makes 2 dozen cupcakes
1 (18.5 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (3.5 ounce) package instant French vanilla pudding mix
1 cup whole milk
1 cup vegetable oil
1 (12 ounce) jar seedless raspberry jam
2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar for dusting
1 hr 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray 24 muffin cups with cooking spray; line cups with paper liners.
- Beat yellow cake mix, instant French vanilla pudding mix, milk, vegetable oil, and eggs in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer until all the cake mix is moistened and there are no dry spots in the batter. Scrape the bowl and stir one more time.
- Fill prepared muffin cups about half full of batter.
- Bake cupcakes in preheated oven until lightly golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. A cake tester or toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake should come out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool.
- Cut a plug about 1 1/2 inches long and 3/4 inch in diameter out of the center of each cupcake.
- Fill the opening with raspberry jam.
- Sprinkle cupcakes lightly with confectioners’ sugar.
Calories: 246 kcal
Carbohydrates: 31 g
Cholesterol: 37 mg
Fat: 12.9 g
Fiber: 0.2 g
Protein: 2.3 g
Sodium: 216 mg