Easy to put together the night before, then pop in the oven in the morning for a hot, delicious coffee cake.
Original recipe makes 1 9×13-inch coffee cake
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
8 hrs 50 mins
- Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and white sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat eggs and sour cream into butter mixture until smooth.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl until thoroughly combined; stir into the sour cream mixture to make a batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Mix the brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon in a bowl; sprinkle the mixture over the batter.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and chill 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove plastic wrap from the dish; bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the coffee cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
Calories: 304 kcal
Carbohydrates: 38.3 g
Cholesterol: 59 mg
Fat: 15.9 g
Fiber: 0.9 g
Protein: 3.5 g
Sodium: 272 mg