Christmas wreaths in red and green … yummy!
Original recipe makes 3 dozen
1 1/4 cups butter
3/4 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
3 drops red food coloring
2 drops green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cream butter or margarine; gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add flour, and mix well. Stir in peppermint extract.
- Divide dough in half and place in separate bowls. Tint half of dough with red food coloring and the other half with the green food coloring.
- Roll dough into balls using 1/2 teaspoon dough per ball. For each wreath shaped cookie, place six balls in a circle, alternating colors, on ungreased cookie sheets. Press together securely. Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes; then remove to racks. Cool completely.
Calories: 197 kcal
Carbohydrates: 18.5 g
Cholesterol: 34 mg
Fat: 13 g
Fiber: 0.5 g
Protein: 1.9 g
Sodium: 91 mg