These sugar cookies have won raves from all who have tried them. They are soft and have a light and delicate flavor. They’re great for Christmastime cut outs.
Original recipe makes 3 to 5 dozen
1 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cream the margarine and add the sugar gradually. Beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla. Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt gradually to the creamed mixture, stirring in by hand. Cover and chill dough overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick and cut into your favorite shapes. Place cookies onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 6 to 8 minutes or until cookie has a golden appearance.
Calories: 77 kcal
Carbohydrates: 10.7 g
Cholesterol: 11 mg
Fat: 3.3 g
Fiber: 0.2 g
Protein: 1.1 g
Sodium: 79 mg