This very rich cake with coffee, rum, and chocolate is sure to become one of your favorite recipes once you taste it.
Original recipe makes 1 – 9×13 inch cake
2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
12 ounces marshmallow creme
3 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 13×9 inch baking pan.
- Cream together 1/3 cup of the cocoa, white sugar, and 1 cup of the butter or margarine until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla and beat well.
- Mix flour, baking powder, coconut, and chopped pecans together. Stir flour mixture into the egg mixture and stir until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 to 50 minutes. Smooth marshmallow cream over top of cake while still hot. Let cake cool completely then ice with chocolate icing.
- To Make Chocolate Icing: Beat together the confectioner’s sugar, the remaining 1/3 cup cocoa, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1/2 cup butter or margarine. Continue to beat and add enough evaporated milk to make icing spread on cake.
Calories: 399 kcal
Carbohydrates: 57.2 g
Cholesterol: 66 mg
Fat: 19 g
Fiber: 2.1 g
Protein: 3.4 g
Sodium: 139 mg