Nickie, my boss, made this cheesecake and brought to work. Everyone raved about it, and it is to die for! I know of no one who does not like it, although it may not be so beautiful to look at.
Original recipe makes 16 servings
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
4 cups apples (about 3) – peeled, cored, and chopped
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
5 hrs 55 mins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with aluminum foil, extending the foil sheets over the side of the dish.
- To make the crust, mix the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and 2 tablespoons brown sugar together in a bowl until evenly blended. Press evenly over the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- To make the filling, beat the cream cheese, 1 cup brown sugar, and vanilla together in a mixing bowl until evenly blended. Beat in the sour cream. On low speed, add the eggs, one at a time, just until blended. Pour the mixture over the crust.
- To make the topping, place the apples in a bowl, and toss with 1/2 cup brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon until evenly blended.
- Bake in preheated oven until center is almost set, about 55 minutes. Cool, and refrigerate 4 hours, or overnight.
- Before cutting, allow the cheesecake to sit 30 minutes at room temperature, then lift from the baking dish using the extended aluminum foil sheets, and place on a cutting board or serving plate. Remove the aluminum foil, and cut into 16 squares.
Calories: 456 kcal
Carbohydrates: 37.1 g
Cholesterol: 128 mg
Fat: 32.1 g
Fiber: 1.6 g
Protein: 7.7 g
Sodium: 263 mg