Small pie like cookies with a nut filling. Mini muffin tins may be used. These can also be frozen
Original recipe makes 40 cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 cup butter
6 tablespoons white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup chopped walnuts
- To make Pastry: Cream together butter and cream cheese. Add the 6 tablespoons white sugar, 2 cups flour and blend well.
- Shape into balls about 1 inch in diameter (flour palms of hands to facilitate rolling). Place ball in greased tartlet pan and flatten. Should fill pan by 3/4.
- To Make Filling: Mix together vanilla, egg, brown sugar, and chopped nuts.
- After flattening ball in tartlet tin make a thumb print in center and fill with a full 1/2 teaspoon of nut filling.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 17 to 20 minutes. Cool completely before removing from pan.
Calories: 245 kcal
Carbohydrates: 22.5 g
Cholesterol: 44 mg
Fat: 16.4 g
Fiber: 0.7 g
Protein: 3.2 g
Sodium: 97 mg