Super easy when made in your food processor. Perfect to take to a summer BBQ!
Original recipe makes 16 servings
1/2 cup pecan halves
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into cubes
3/4 cup apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pulse pecans in a food processor until coarsely chopped, 3 to 5 times. Add oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; pulse 3 to 4 times.
- Sprinkle butter cubes over the top of the flour-oat mixture. Pulse until butter is the size of small peas, 3 to 5 times.
- Spread 1/2 of oat mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish, pressing down lightly. Spread apricot preserves over oat mixture to 1/4-inch of the edge. Top with remaining oat mixture and press down lightly.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool before cutting.
Calories: 171 kcal
Carbohydrates: 23 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Fat: 8.6 g
Fiber: 1.1 g
Protein: 2 g
Sodium: 64 mg