Is a sponge cake soaked in a mixture of three kinds of milk, topped with whipped cream and strawberries (optional).
Original recipe makes 1 10×15-inch cake
6 eggs, separated
1 cup white sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
1 cup whipped cream
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1 hr 50 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 10×15-inch baking dish.
- Beat egg whites in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form; gradually beat in sugar until mixture is glossy. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, combining each yolk before adding the next. Reduce mixer speed to medium and add flour, about 1 tablespoon at a time, to the mixture, beating continuously; beat in baking powder, milk, and vanilla extract. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cake is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cake cool for 15 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup cream, sweetened condensed milk, and evaporated milk in a blender and pulse several times until well blended. Pour three-milk mixture evenly over the cake. Refrigerate cake until cold and the milk mixture has soaked in, at least 1 hour.
- Cut in squares and top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream and a few sliced strawberries. Refrigerate leftovers.
Calories: 396 kcal
Carbohydrates: 48.2 g
Cholesterol: 167 mg
Fat: 18.8 g
Fiber: 0.6 g
Protein: 9.8 g
Sodium: 244 mg