Loads of rich chocolate, plus a chocolate glaze, make these peanut butter brownie bites a chocolate lover’s dream.
Original recipe makes 36 brownies
3/4 cup Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
1/2 cup unsalted butter
Nonstick cooking spray
2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 large egg
1/3 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips, chopped
Bittersweet Chocolate Glaze:
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
1 hr 15 mins
- In a medium saucepan, heat and stir the 3/4 cup Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and the butter over very low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Coat foil with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Stir the 1 cup sugar into the cooled chocolate mixture in saucepan. Add the two eggs, one at a time, beating with a spatula or wooden spoon just until combined. Stir in vanilla.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, stirring just until combined. Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, the 1 cup sugar, and one egg. Stir in the 1/3 cup chopped Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips. Spread mixture evenly over slightly baked brownies using a tablespoon. Bake for 35 minutes or until top is light brown and mixture appears evenly set. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Spread Bittersweet Chocolate Glaze over the top of the cooled brownies. Let stand until set. Use the foil to lift the uncut brownies out of the pan. Cut into 36 pieces.
- Enjoy immediately, store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Bittersweet Chocolate Glaze: In a medium saucepan, bring whipping cream and vanilla just to a boil over medium high heat. Remove from heat. Add Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips; do not stir. Let stand for 5 minutes; stir until smooth.
Calories: 189 kcal
Carbohydrates: 20.3 g
Cholesterol: 29 mg
Fat: 11.6 g
Fiber: 1.2 g
Protein: 3.4 g
Sodium: 65 mg