These are just like the oatmeal lace cookies, with that cool taste of peppermint. Great with a hot cup of tea.
Original recipe makes 3 dozen cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 teaspoons peppermint extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup crushed peppermint candies
2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, or as needed
1 tablespoon very finely crushed peppermint candies, or as needed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Beat butter and 1 cup confectioners’ sugar in a large bowl until creamy and smooth; stir peppermint extract into butter mixture. Whisk flour and salt in a bowl and stir into butter mixture. Gently fold rolled oats and 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candies into the dough.
- Drop dough by teaspoonful onto ungreased baking sheets, leaving 3 inches between cookies; press cookies 1/4 inch thick with your fingertips.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies have lightly browned edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cookies cool on baking sheets for at least 5 minutes before removing to finish cooling on wire racks.
- Stir 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar with 1 tablespoon very finely crushed peppermint candies in a small bowl; transfer to a fine-mesh wire strainer. Dust cooled cookies with peppermint candy mixture.
Calories: 96 kcal
Carbohydrates: 11.3 g
Cholesterol: 14 mg
Fat: 5.3 g
Fiber: 0.3 g
Protein: 0.8 g
Sodium: 70 mg