Try this easy and delicious cheesecake with the sweet, nutty taste of pumpkins and Duncan Hines Carrot Cake.
Original recipe makes 12 servings
1 box Duncan Hines Classic Carrot Cake Mix – reserve 1/2 cup of dry mix, set aside
1 cup hot tap water (for soaking carrots and raisins)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 (16 ounce) container Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Cream Cheese Frosting
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
3 large eggs
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup reserved Duncan Hines Carrot Cake Mix Dry Mix
5 hrs 10 mins
- Carrot Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Soak carrots and raisins in 1 cup HOT tap water; allow to stand for 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze out excess water from carrots and raisins.
- In mixing bowl add dry mix (reserve 1/2 cup dry mix), 2 eggs, 1/4 cup oil. Add well drained carrots and raisins, add nuts. Mix well by hand. Spread 2 cups of carrot cake on bottom of a greased 9 to 9 1/2-inch springform pan. Reserve remaining carrot cake.
- Cheesecake: In large bowl beat cream cheese, eggs and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add remaining ingredients (brown sugar, pumpkin, and remaining 1/2 cup of dry mix).
- Spread 1/2 of the cheesecake batter on top of the carrot cake. Spoon on remaining carrot cake and top with remaining cheese cake batter. Do not marble with knife.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until cake is set and cooked through.
- Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. When cake is cooled, top with Duncan Hines Cream Cheese Frosting. Refrigerate for 3 hours and serve chilled.
Calories: 731 kcal
Carbohydrates: 93.1 g
Cholesterol: 140 mg
Fat: 37 g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 11.1 g
Sodium: 573 mg