Sugar cookies are swirled with raspberry jam, coconut, and walnuts and topped with almond glaze. They start from refrigerator dough. I make these for Christmas and Valentine’s Day and I always get asked for the recipe.
Original recipe makes 32 cookies
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/4 cup walnuts
1/2 cup raspberry jam
1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 3/4 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 hr 35 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread coconut and walnuts onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until coconut and walnuts are toasted, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven and finely chop walnuts.
- Combine raspberry jam, coconut, and walnuts together in a bowl.
- Divide cookie dough in half. Roll 1/2 the dough into a 12×7-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spread half the jam mixture over rolled dough to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Carefully roll dough, jelly roll-style, around filling; pinch side seam to seal roll, keeping ends open. Repeat with remaining dough and jam mixture. Wrap each dough roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove plastic wrap from rolls.
- Cut dough into 1/4-inch thick slices and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges just begin to brown, 7 to 9 minutes. Cool cookies for 1 minute on the baking sheet and transfer to wire racks.
- Whisk confectioners’ sugar, water, and almond extract together in a bowl until smooth; drizzle over warm cookies.
Calories: 109 kcal
Carbohydrates: 16.1 g
Cholesterol: 2 mg
Fat: 4.9 g
Fiber: 0.2 g
Protein: 0.7 g
Sodium: 60 mg