This is a very yummy cake. Plus it’s an easy and tasty way to use fresh rhubarb.
Original recipe makes 1 -9 inch square cake
1 cup chopped rhubarb
1 cup white sugar
6 drops red food coloring
1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Combine the chopped fresh rhubarb, the white sugar, and the food coloring and set aside.
- Prepare the vanilla pudding mix according to the package directions. Pour the finished vanilla pudding into one ungreased 9 inch square baking dish. Spoon rhubarb mixture over the top of the vanilla pudding.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions and pour evenly over the top the rhubarb and vanilla pudding.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes or until cake tests done. Let cake sit in pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a serving dish and dust with confectioner’s sugar. Tastes best if served warm.
Calories: 198 kcal
Carbohydrates: 43.7 g
Cholesterol: < 1 mg
Fat: 2.5 g
Fiber: 0.4 g
Protein: 1 g
Sodium: 256 mg