This is a tasty change up from the predictable fast-ball delivery pizza.
Original recipe makes 1 24-inch pizza
2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup rye flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups water, divided
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup all-purpose flour for kneading dough, or as needed
1 hr 30 mins
- Mix 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, rye flour, and salt together in a bowl.
- Pour 1/2 cup water into a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir brown sugar into water until dissolved; add yeast and stir. Let mixture stand until bubbling, about 10 minutes.
- Pour yeast mixture into flour mixture.
- Pour remaining 1 cup water into a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir olive oil into the warm water; pour over flour mixture. Knead flour mixture, adding more all-purpose flour if dough is sticky, until dough is smooth and holds together.
- Form dough into a ball and place in a bowl. Cover bowl with a damp towel and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and transfer to a floured work surface. Roll or shape dough into desired shape.
Calories: 253 kcal
Carbohydrates: 46.9 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Fat: 4 g
Fiber: 3.3 g
Protein: 6.2 g
Sodium: 294 mg