Dazzle your sweetie for Valentine’s Day or any other day for that matter with this moist and easy treat!
Original recipe makes 16 servings
1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
1 1/4 cups water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored Jell-O®
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12 ounce) jar strawberry preserves
1 (12 ounce) container cream cheese frosting
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 hr 10 mins
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease and flour a 9×9-inch square pan and a 9-inch round pan.
- Stir together the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs together in a bowl until smooth.
- Mix in the strawberry gelatin until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 2 prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Transfer the square cake onto a large platter.
- Cut the round cake in half, then arrange the cut side of the cake along two edges of the square cake to create a heart shape.
- Poke several holes on the top of the cake using the handle of a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake so that it runs into the holes; allow the milk to soak in.
- Spread the strawberry preserves on top of the cake.
- Fold the cream cheese frosting into the whipped topping in a bowl until just incorporated.
- Spread the frosting over the top and sides of the cake.
Calories: 491 kcal
Carbohydrates: 70.4 g
Cholesterol: 48 mg
Fat: 22 g
Fiber: 0.3 g
Protein: 5 g
Sodium: 322 mg