The technique is relatively quick and easy; it will allow you enjoy those gorgeous summer tomatoes sans skin and seeds.
Original recipe makes 2 servings
3 tomatoes, cored
- Fill a large bowl with ice cubes and water and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cut an X in the bottom of each tomato with a knife.
- Place prepared tomatoes in the pot of boiling water and cook until the skins begin to peel off, 10 to 40 seconds.
- Transfer tomatoes to the bowl of ice water and allow to cool for 2 to 3 minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel the skin off each tomato.
- Cut each tomato in half crosswise and remove and discard the seeds; finely dice the flesh.
Calories: 33 kcal
Carbohydrates: 7.2 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Fat: 0.4 g
Fiber: 2.2 g
Protein: 1.6 g
Sodium: 9 mg