These cookies are very rich and chocolately.
Original recipe makes 3 dozen
7 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened chocolate, chopped
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Melt the chocolate squares and butter or margarine in a double boiler. Stir well and remove from heat.
- Cream sugar and eggs in medium sized bowl until thick and creamy. Mix in vanilla and melted chocolate.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls about 1 1/2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes or until tops crackle and look shiny. Cool 3 to 5 minutes. Remove to racks; cool completely.
Calories: 230 kcal
Carbohydrates: 28.5 g
Cholesterol: 40 mg
Fat: 13.1 g
Fiber: 2.1 g
Protein: 3.7 g
Sodium: 73 mg