Although zucchini in a sweet bread may sound unusual, this moist, cinnamon-scented bread is truly comforting and delicious.
Original recipe makes 2 4×8-inch loaves
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups white whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour 2 4×8-inch loaf pans.
- Beat eggs, sugar, canola oil, vanilla extract, and zucchini together in a large bowl until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together unbleached flour, white whole-wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the zucchini mixture, a little at a time, stirring until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bread is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.
Calories: 150 kcal
Carbohydrates: 18.9 g
Cholesterol: 20 mg
Fat: 7.6 g
Fiber: 1.1 g
Protein: 2 g
Sodium: 109 mg