Easy cinnamon-flavored, applesauce-filled cupcakes are drizzled with cinnamon icing and garnished with chopped pecans.
Original recipe makes 24 cupcakes
1 (15.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup Mott’s® Natural Applesauce
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons milk, or as needed
Chopped pecans for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) or to temperature indicated on cake mix package. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Pour cake mix into bowl and add 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Prepare cake batter (with vegetable oil and eggs) according to package directions.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full, and bake according to package directions (typically 18 to 21 minutes) or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove muffin pans from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Cut a plug about 1-1/2" inches long and 3/4 inch in diameter out of the center of each cupcake. Fill the opening with about 2 teaspoons applesauce or enough to fill hole.
- Beat together the confectioners’ sugar, cinnamon, and milk until mixture can be drizzled. If too thin, add more sugar; if too thick, add more milk. Drizzle icing over top of cupcake. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Allow icing to dry before serving.
Calories: 141 kcal
Carbohydrates: 20.9 g
Cholesterol: 24 mg
Fat: 5.9 g
Fiber: 0.5 g
Protein: 1.5 g
Sodium: 126 mg